Wednesday, July 27, 2011

March 26th, 2011 - A Little Better

I'm feeling better today. No tears. Little by little I'm getting mad, and strong. One stupid little mole...tumor...Melanoma. This is NOT going to rule my life. When I think back to when I was 16, baking every summer at the beach trying in vain to get tan. Irish do not tan, we burn, peel, blister, and turn white again. But I never gave up trying. I could just scream now when I think about it. Stupid media making me think my pale skin was something to be ashamed of. At least nowadays they have totally safe spray tans, but those girls still stupidly laying out in the sun, or using tanning beds.... I hope they don't live to regret it.

Anyways, the point is today is much better than yesterday. I still have my moments when I'll think of something involved in the surgery and a cold icepick of terror will go through me, but I tell myself... nope, no bad thoughts. Think of something happy or silly or stupid, and it works.

And Xanax. That works too.... LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment