Wednesday, July 27, 2011

April 4th 2011 - A good day

I've been getting Get Well cards in the mail from my family and boss and it really touches me. Mom was supposed to have her knee scoped out today but they said they didn't need to, so they just gave her a cortisone shot and she was already walking better. I'm so relieved for selfish reasons, I need her with me this week.

She's SO looking forward to having me stay at her house until I recover from surgery. She's planning on making meals that I like and just between you and I, I think she's looking forward to having someone other than my dad to talk to...LOL.

We had a good day today. After the doctor we went to Walmart, Lowe's, Penny's, then I took my parents out to lunch at Applebees. The best part of working hard is having money to spoil my family with. And let's be honest, I'm spoiling myself too. It couldn't have come at a better time.

I bought myself a new nightgown to wear at mom's while I recover, and I bought Deni and myself a bunch of "bling" to put all over our iPods. Now they look like someone threw up sparklies on them, but we love it. Mom even put some on the back of her iPod. We are so attracted to anything that sparkles and shines...LOL.

I've been listening to this song over and over. It used to make me cry, but for some reason right now it's making me feel calm. It's called "Hide and Seek" by Imogen Heap. I want to be able to take my iPod into the radiology room when they inject me Weds, it would help SO MUCH to be able to concentrate on the music instead of the injections but I'm pretty sure they won't let me. Total silence. I'll have to go somewhere nice in my head until it's all over.

Please let the rest of the day be calm....love to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment